This hop is focused on items you’d want/need for a child ages 0-12 months. After visiting my giveaway, make sure you use the linky below to take a look at the other 30+ blogs and see what they have to offer for you and your little one! Each blog has a minimum prize package of $25 per winner.
Also be sure to check out the Grand Prize
featured on Mama’s Baby Cupcakes blog. The grand prize is sponsored by Halo, Tiny Love, and The Pecking Order for a total value of just over $200 in prizes.
Here on My Life: A Work in Progress, you have the opportunity to win a $50 gift code to PishPosh Baby
! An online and brick & mortar store, PishPosh Baby offers top baby gear at reasonable prices. Read about my PishPosh Baby shopping experience HERE
If you agree to the Terms & Conditions, enter below. Then scroll to the bottom of this post to see a list of the other awesome Gearing up for Baby bloggers and their giveaways. Happy hopping!
Terms & Conditions: Sweepstakes open to residents of the US. Must be 18 years or older. Void where prohibited by law. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received. Winner chosen via Random.org. Once winner has been selected and emailed, winner will have 48 hours to respond or new winner will be selected. Winnerâ€™s first name and last initial will be posted on this blog and other social media and Web sites. My Life: A Work in Progress is not responsible for prize fulfillment. Entrance into the sweepstakes indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Note:Â Mommy’s Favorite Things, Mama’s Baby Cupcakes, My Life: A Work in Progress, and the Gearing Up for Baby participating bloggers are not responsible for sponsors who do not fulfill prize obligations. I was not compensated for this post.
One winner will receive a patent-pending ZIPaboo footed onesie in the style and size of their choice. By use of its unique zipper, the ZIPaboo makes diaper changes a zip! Read my review HERE.
If you agree with the Terms & Conditions, enter below-
Terms & Conditions:Â Sweepstakes open to residents of the US. Must be 18 years or older. Void where prohibited by law. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received. Winner chosen via Random.org. Once winner has been selected and emailed, winner will have 48 hours to respond or new winner will be selected. Winnerâ€™s first name and last initial will be posted on this blog and other social media and Web sites. My Life: A Work in Progress isÂ not responsible for prize fulfillment. Entrance into the sweepstakes indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions.
WINNER:Â Bekah K.Â
A couple days ago, I came across the original packing list I made for the hospital when Baby J was born. I thought it might help someone to share, so that’s what I’m doing! I did end up changing some things last minute, so I’ve added that info next to specific items in the list. When it comes down to it though, something that may be a necessity for me will not be for another woman, and vice versa.
- Two bed pillows with favorite cases *Ended up packing one king-size pillow with a plush case. Would take it again.
- Lotion or massage oil *Took lotion
- Warm socks *The hospital had socks that I ended up wearing. They’re going to get nasty, so if you bring your own, bring several pairs.
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, and mouthwash
- Lollipops for dry mouth *Didn’t pack them. They gave me ice chips at the hospital, which worked fine.
- Chapstick or lip gloss
- Paper fan *Didn’t pack. Not sure it would’ve helped anyway.
- Wooden back massager *Never used it.
- Nightgown(s) that opens in the front for nursing *Very helpful!
- Robe and slippers *Hospital provided a robe, but my slippers came in handy.
- Nursing cover *Not needed
- Panties and nursing bras *I wore the hospital mesh panties the first day, then switched to my own large granny panties.
- Comfortable maternity clothes and shoes to wear home *I wore the same pants, top, and shoes that I wore to the hospital.
- Jacket or hoodie
- Toiletries and cosmetics
- dry shampoo *To touch up my roots before taking post-labor photos!
- pads *The hospital ones aren’t that great. Buy some giant overnight, super absorbent maxi pads
- Snacks for labor *You probably won’t want him leaving your side and heading to the food court, so bring food!
- Phone numbers and change or a phone card or cell phone
- Change of clothing
- Air mattress *Hubby didn’t need it. They had a pull out couch/chair in the delivery room.
For All of Us
- iPod with speakers and charger *Never used it.
- Cameras forÂ birthÂ /Â babyÂ photosÂ
- Cell phone chargers
- Boppy *I ended up leaving the Boppy in the car and using a regular pillow to nurse. After going home and nursing with a Boppy, I regretted my original decision. A nursing pillow is very helpful and makes things easier!
- batteries or chargers for cameras
- Going home clothes (2 sets), including a hat, and blanket, and mittens or socks for his hands *Next time I’ll bring some sleep sacks and onesies. I never could figure out how to swaddle Baby J in the hospital blankets.
- Car seat already installed in the back seat of the carÂ
- Newborn diapers *Next time, we’re bringing cloth diapers! Also, the hospital provided us with plenty of disposable diapers while we were there and sent some home with us. However, they were Size 1, and Baby J fit newborn for several weeks.
Additionally, we packed pens and a notepad for filling out paperwork and taking notes. Don’t forget your wallet and IDs!
Have any comments for me? Questions? What did you pack or what do you plan on packing?