This blog was not compensated for this post.
This is Sponsored by Naturalmat USA and Tortle – Hosted by: It’s Peachy Keen
“I have a great pair of products for one lucky winner out there. Both are wonderful and really great for our kids. Having a baby, whether it’s your first or 6th, we still all want the best for them. Here are a few to take a look at and get to know a little better.” -Peachy Keen
The Naturalmat Mattress Collection:
* Spring Mat-Dual Support mattress, ideal from newborn to older babies ($499)-NEW!
* Coco Mat-Gentle support, ideal for newborns and small babies. ($399)
* Latex Mat-Medium support, ideal for newborns right through to older babies. ($525)
* Mohair Mat-Firm support ideal for older and heavier babies. ($599)
Twin Latex Mat ($849)
Top Mat: Organic overlay turns a regular crib into an organic one! ($135)
Organic Fitted Sheets: Soft and breathable pure organic cotton crib sheets. Available in crisp cotton percale ($45) and soft flannelette ($46)
Organic Mattress Protectors: Breathable waterproof organic crib mattress protector designed to provide the best level of comfort for baby and the best protection for a Naturalmat mattress. ($70)
The Naturalmat Collection is available at www.naturalmatusa.com. Visit the website for a full list of Naturalmat retailers.
* Co-founded in 2000 by Mark Tremlett and Peter Tindall
* Founded with the aim of helping babies and children sleep safely and comfortably in the best, most natural environment possible.
* European Headquarters: London, England; U.S. offices in Newark, New Jersey
What is a Tortle?
A cost-effective, stylish and comfy beanie for baby specifically designed to help prevent positional plagiocephaly and torticollis, or flat head syndrome. Tortle encourages a healthy range of head motion while keeping baby’s head from flattening. Tortle can be worn whenever the infant is supervised and resting in a crib, car seat, bouncer, swing or stroller. Available in Classic White, Sweet Pink Flowers and Whimsical Blue Elephants, solid Pink and Blue and now in stripes Always more designs being added so be sure to check them out!
* Machine washable, lightweight knit beanie (95% cotton/5% spandex)
* Three sizes to fit infants up to 20 pounds
o S 0-2 months / 5-10 lbs
o M 2-4 months / 10-15 lbs
o L 4-6 months / 15-20 lbs
Most helpful when used from birth until the infant is sitting up and no longer sleeping most hours of the day or night. FDA-cleared patented Class 1 medical device that easily travels with baby. Recommended retail price of $19.99. Available at buybuy BABY stores, www.buybuybaby.com, www.tortle.com and at specialty juvenile product stores nationwide
Why is Tortle Important?
Every infant is at risk of developing Flathead Syndrome-prevention is key. If parents do not actively reposition the infant’s head from side to side, positional plagiocephaly and/or torticollis progress rapidly – many infants already have a significant problem by 2 months of age. Incidence of plagiocephaly is increasing and now affects nearly 48% or 1 out of 2 babies by the age of 5 months. Premature infants with prolonged hospital stays, and multiples (twins or triplets) are at particular risk unless nursing staff address the problem. Medical treatments to correct the condition include physical therapy and custom helmets and may exceed $5,000 in cost.
*Founded in 2012 by Dr. Jane Scott, board certified pediatrician and neonatologist.
* Headquarters in Denver, Colo.